The EFC Model
Being part of a caring, like-minded community is essential for human flourishing. Empowered Faith Community participants are encouraged to share their strengths to benefit one another in a supportive, empowering and gospel-centred environment. These communities promote personal development and strong spiritual growth.
Empowerment and Community Development is central to our model underpinned by proven practices for sustainable long-term flourishing. EFCs move away from a benevolence and charitable model to an empowered and ownership model.
Empowerment is central to the model, underpinned by proven principles for sustainable, long term flourishing:
- Empowerment as a culture
- Understanding the methods of empowerment
- Acceptance before change model
- Developing community through strengths
- Moving from dependent to empowered faith communities
- Seeing participants learn to “be and bring the good news” into their own social setting
©2021 Empowered Faith Communities